Every once in a while, little things come along that make your day. Those little things where you can’t decide whether you want to a) cry happy tears or b) wonder how in the world this ended up in your lap.
I had a Sally Field moment.
No, this thing was not an around-the-world plane ticket. (Hey, a girl can dream can’t she?)
It was a nomination for a blogging award.
Now why would that make me excited you ask?
I love it when people support up and coming artists/blogs or give money to a cause where you know your money will be used to help others. Hence the excitement.
As far as I can tell, this award is that equivalent for bloggers.
I admit it. I spent a good 2 minutes blinking at the tweet, thinking I was dreaming. Camila from The Things I Am Crazy For nominated me; to say that I was flattered and touched is an understatement. Thanks Camila!
So in the spirit of passing the good vibes, I’m going to answer her questions on the blog. It feels a little strange to be doing a different post, but I’m excited about it at the same time. A little diversity never hurt anyone right?
- What made you want to start blogging? (It’s a classic!)
The blog started as a way for me to keep track of how I changed as I started doing a lot of internal work in order to become someone who I was happy to be. Since I started blogging at the end of last year, the blog has become less of a magnifying glass into my life as I try to find a way that readers can benefit from the experience rather than just focusing on me.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
Nope. None that I know of.
- What are you looking forward to the most in the coming month?
I’m really looking forward to going back to the city of my alma mater for a conference in order to network with some like-minded people next month. I went to this conference for the first time last year, and it was a life-changing experience for me. I’m excited to see what comes out of the connections I make and the people I meet.
- Regardless of time, money, commitment, what would be the best present someone could give you?
If someone could give me international plane tickets to various international destinations (or a job that would allow me to travel and be paid to blog about my experiences), I’d be a very happy girl. I love the idea of using money to buy experiences instead of material things. Material things can break, fads come and go, but memories last a lifetime.
- What is your favorite book?
Oof. This is a hard one. I absolutely love The Perks of Being a Wallflower and White Oleander. I know the question asked for one, but those 2 are some of my absolute favorites. I can’t decide which one I like better between the two.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
British television shows. Sherlock, anyone?
- If you could meet with someone who has passed, who would it be?
Hands down my high school mentor who passed away from leukemia when I was 18. I miss his infectiously positive energy. I would love to see him again. If we’re talking celebrity, Maya Angelou.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Meditate. Or try to. It’s hard to concentrate sometimes.
- Do you have a goal/project you are currently working on?
There are so many! I think the biggest goal I’m working toward is getting a job and turning said job in to something I like. In terms of projects, this blog is my baby. I love working on it.
10. What is the wisest advise anyone has given you?
There are so many people in my life who have offered me great advice; not to discredit anyone or say that I’m ungrateful for their advice, but I think the best thing someone said to me was the following:
“If you love your story, it’s because it’s a fact of your life, not a factor.”
Talk about perspective.
Now that I think about it, that doesn’t really count as advice, but it’s the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.
The lovely ladies I’m nominating are:
Jess @ The Fevered Pen
Amy @ Far From Paradise
Genevive @ That Fine Madness
Ayla @ Mrs Ayla’s Adventures
Ashley @ Positively Wanderlust
My questions for you all:
1) What’s the one country that you wish you could go to right now and why?
2) What’s the ONE thing you hope people can learn from your life?
3) What’s your favorite book?
4) What’s your favorite charitable organization and why?
5) What’s your current favorite song?
6) Favorite sources of inspiration for blog posts?
7) If you had the power to rid the world of ONE thing, what would it be and why?
8) Knowing what you know now, what’s the one thing you wish you had known growing up?